Saturday, December 18, 2010

Days Till Christmas Blocks

I know these blocks can be found everywhere from blogs to super saturdays (google super saturday crafts if you don't know what it is), but I thought I would share my version.
My sister who claims to not be crafty, did one with me. Here she is hard at work.
The supplies:
  • 2 wood cubes measuring 3.5 inches
  • 1 wood block measuring 7.5 inches long, 3.5 inches deep and 1 inch tall
  • 12 pieces of christmas scrapbook paper measuring 3 inches square
  • Mod Podge
  • White Paint (or any color you choose)
  • Sponge brush
  • Letters that read "Days Till Christmas" (I got my vinyl lady to cut it for us)
  • Numbers for block 1 - 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (I used my cricut to cut these out)
  • Numbers for block 2 - 0, 1, 2, 6, 7, 8 (make sure your 6 can also be a 9)
The finished product!


4 comments:

  1. I have one of these and LOVE it....my kids loved moving the blocks this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! Great idea...I am one of your newest followers and am new to the blogging community too. Stop on over at www.prairiegirl4-thatcountryplace.blogspot.com

    From another Alberta girl!
    Dawna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat idea. I am thinking I could do this in just different papers for all year to put on my desk at work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there. I'm new to your blog and quite frankly, new to crafting all together. This project seems so simple and cute (as do many of your other posts). However, being a novice, I have no idea what steps to take in making this. You list the items needed, but no instructions on how to actually do it. May I suggest some "how to's" and maybe some pics to show the process?

    Thank you! And I look forward to seeing more of your projects.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...